The adoption rate of web-based project management software among small businesses has been steadily increasing the last few years. Businesses are embracing the software’s ability to connect remote teams and reduce IT budgets. In light of this trend, the folks at SoftwareAdvice.com, an online project management technology consultancy, have put together a buyers report based on their interactions with hundreds of small businesses.
- A majority of prospective software buyers (58 percent) use a single method for project management.
- Seventy percent of prospective buyers in our sample currently use manual methods for their project management needs.
- Time tracking and task management are the top-requested software capabilities; each mentioned by 60 percent of buyers.
- Sixty-four percent of buyers cite the need to improve organization and workflow efficiency as motivation for seeking Web-based PM software.
Are you one of the seventy percent still using manual methods? Researching and trialing new project management software can be time consuming. In our interactions with potential buyers, many face a similar conundrum: their needs are simple enough for manual methods, but, complex enough they require more workflow efficiency.
Choosing the right software
Fortunately, our web-based project management software, Intervals, is a great fit for companies who identify with the above findings. Here’s why:
- Using a single method for project management
Intervals is flexible enough to accommodate different project management methods without pigeonholing you into just one.
- Currently using manual methods
Intervals can import data from Excel spreadsheets, decreasing the amount of time it takes to get your account up and running with your data.
- Time tracking and task management
Intervals integrates these two features seamlessly. Track your time on each task, then run detailed reports to analyze your efforts.
- Improve organization and workflow efficiency
Intervals puts your projects and team together inside one app. Quickly and easily delegate tasks and collaborate on projects with an improved workflow management system.
Sign up for a free 30 day trial to see if Intervals might be the right fit for your business. No credit card is required, and you can cancel at any time. Click here to get started.
Photo credit: Cory M. Grenier