Breaking down a project into smaller tasks is a simpler way to structure and manage your workflow. But there are times when you need to break down a task into smaller to-do lists. To accommodate this need, we’ve enhanced our online task management tool to allow for the addition of task checklists to the summary and comment fields.
Instead of creating one task per to-do, task checklists make it possible to create one task containing several to-dos, making it easy to see at a glance what’s been done, and what’s still incomplete.
This feature is located in the advanced editor when creating or updating a task. Then click on the checkbox icon in the editor toolbar. Checklists work similar to number and bullet lists — press the Enter key to go to the next line and create a new checkbox, and use the indent icons to create nested checklists.
Once the checklist has been created, task owners and assignees can mark items complete by updating the task and clicking on the checkbox. Items marked as completed will be denoted by a check mark and lighter shade of grey.
There are numerous scenarios where checklists are a big help in managing tasks online:
- Use checklists as an alternative to subtasks
- Assignee responsibility to different individuals on tasks with multiple assignees
- Easily skim and keep track of completed to-dos in the task summary
- Manage one task with a checklist of to-dos instead of breaking it down into smaller tasks
- Create sublists using the indentation feature to break down your to-dos even more
This is just a sampling of examples where checklists can benefit your task management workflow. We would love to hear your feedback on this new feature for our online task management tool. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us and share your thoughts.