From the day we launched Intervals nine years ago, 1% of every customer’s monthly payment is donated directly to environmental nonprofit organizations. It’s our way of giving back and preserving resources for generations to come.
Through our partnership with 1% for the Planet we’ve been fortunate to aid several organizations working to protect the environment. This year we decided to renew our relationship with The Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition, an advocacy and resource organization that works to make bicycling safe and accessible for all. Here are a few things they do:
- Bilingual workshops for youth and adults to learn about bicycle maintenance and street safety.
- Free bike lights for low-income cyclists caught in the dark after daylight savings ends in November.
- Advocating for more bike paths to connect the communities of Santa Barbara County.
- CycleMAYnia, a month long celebration reaching out to thousands of cyclists and community members.
- BiciCentro, a DIY bicycle repair shop staffed with knowledgeable volunteers, including restored used bikes for sale.
We want to say “thank you” to our customers for your continued support of Intervals, and the organizations we support. If you ever find yourself in Santa Barbara, we encourage you to stop in at BiciCentro and say hi to the crew and see firsthand what they are all about.