According to a survey of 209 creative service firms posted over at functionfox.com, 2009 is expected to be a good year for creative small businesses. It is rumoured that small businesses in general are poised to perform well in this new year, despite the failings of corporate giants. Small businesses tend to be more agile and adaptable to economic fluctuations. And with the further adoption of online tools, small companies are finding it easier to cut costs and remain competitive.
Some highlights from the survey:
- 40% of firms expect revenue growth in 2009
- 32% of firms expect similar revenues to 2008
- 23% expects to increase their staff in 2009
- 61% expects to maintain current staff size
- 33% of firms feel positive about their abilities to refocus their approach and positioning
- 20% sees new media, such as social networks, as their greatest opportunity in 2009