Today we launched another series of enhancements to Intervals. Most of them were minor in nature, but we thought you might like to know about a few of them.
1. Myintervals.com – Login link added
When an Intervals account is created it comes with its own domain name (http://company.timetask.com for example). If you are using Intervals for your side job you may not remember your Intervals URL and you may not have the welcome email that was sent when the account is first created. The login link was added so that you can quickly retrieve your Intervals URL.
2. Email this page enhancements – Advanced editor, bcc, and cc have been added to the email this page functionality
3. Work Request Queue for Resource level users – the Work Request Queue link is now available for Resource Level Users to submit work requests. Why does this matter? If you work flow has your Project Managers create all tasks a resource can submit a bug, feature request, etc. It will alert the Project Manager and they can decide to assign it and apply a time estimate, due date, etc.
4. Document upload tuning – On occasion the document up-loader will kick out an error stating that the file was too large or corrupt, but the file did actually upload successfully. We made some adjustments to the up-loader that will hopefully prevent false messages from appearing.
5. Bug with Manager Level Users – the drop down menus in reporting were not pulling in the Manager listing properly
6. Edit Time Opened Up– previously the edit time options on the timesheet were fairly limited. You could change the amount of work, work type, whether it was billable work or not, etc. but you couldn’t move time from one project to another. Now you can move time around. The main goal for this improvement was to enable General Time to be moved over to a task.
When you edit a row on your timesheet (we call these ‘time chunks’) all of the drop downs will become active and are AJAXified. Meaning, if you pick a particular Project in the drop down only the Modules, Work Types, and Open Tasks for that project will appear.
7. Client State/Province Field – previously the state/province field for a client would become inactive if the country was not the United States or Canada. This has been modified to allow text entry for clients that are not in the US or Canada. This request was spurred on by our UK customers.