Not signed in (Sign In)
The Intervals Forum is read-only
Please head to help.myintervals.com for help articles and guides. If you have any questions, please contact our support team.

New to Intervals? Have questions or need help?

Worktypes where there are different rates

Bottom of Page

1 to 2 of 2

We have clients that prepay their care for us, but the rates for different work varies. Rather than having them prepay for each service they want to use I'd like to figure out a way to use Intervals better.

Scenario:

Client pays $200
    They use 45 minutes for bookkeeping ($50/hour)
    They use 1.5 hours for admin work ($40/hour)
    They use 20 minutes for graphic design ($60/hour)

What I'd like to have is one work type that I can list the $200 and then use each of the different worktypes (bookkeeping, admin, graphic design) for the day to day work so that when I look at the overall projects I can see what amount of time is left.

I thought I had it figured out by creating a "do not use" worktype that had 1 hour at a rate of $200, but once I got over the 1 hour mark it got messed up.

Any tips? Ideas?

• Michael
    • Jun 9th 2010 edited @ 04/13/2015 10:51 am

Instead of creating a work type that covers the payment amount exactly you might want to take a look at adding a payment to the project and then tracking the actual work performed to see if they have an existing credit or owe more money. These discussions around prepayment might be worth a look to see if there is anything applicable:

Comments are closed.
For more Intervals help documentation, please visit help.myintervals.com