Not signed in (Sign In)
The Intervals Forum is read-only
Please head to help.myintervals.com for help articles and guides. If you have any questions, please contact our support team.

New to Intervals? Have questions or need help?

Overpayment and Prepayment

Bottom of Page

1 to 2 of 2

How should we handle overpayment and prepayment in Intervals?

I have a couple of clients who routinely make payments larger than their invoice, wanting us to apply the overpayment as credit to their account, but I don't see a way to track overpayment/prepayment (i.e. project credit) at the client or project level within Intervals. What's the best way to handle this situation?

On the Pelago (www.pelagodesign.com) side of our business we typically do a healthy amount of prepay retainers. Intervals should handle this arrangement fine. At the project level any payment (whether to an invoice or just directly to the project) will show as a credit for the project. If you navigate to the project dashboard it will show the financial state of the project and whether or not it has a credit.

Project Dashboard

The client dashboard can be helpful as well. The client dashboard shows the financial state of each project for a particular client. If they have a credit the amount will be displayed in green.

Client Dashboard

Also, here are a few forum discussions that don’t directly address the topic, but might be helpful:
    What does uninvoiced mean?
    Understanding the hourly calculations on the project dashboard

Comments are closed.
For more Intervals help documentation, please visit help.myintervals.com