Not signed in (Sign In)
The Intervals Forum is read-only
Please head to help.myintervals.com for help articles and guides. If you have any questions, please contact our support team.

New to Intervals? Have questions or need help?

What is the best way to import existing time and projects?

Bottom of Page

1 to 4 of 4

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating intervals, and I love the views it gives me into where the project is at and what work has been done. We currently have a few hundred open projects, with lots of time already tracked to them.

What's the best way to add those projects and get the existing block of time in place?

Or should I just use the legacy system for all current projects, and start intervals for new projects going forward?

Thanks for your insight.

Aaron Brander

Unfortunately there is not a way to import old projects and time data at this time. You could potentially manually add them but depending on how many details are contained it could be a bit tedious. If the manual route turns out to be a possibility you may want to enter the time for each project in one bulk entry as opposed to spreading it across weekly timesheets. Adding the total time will at least give you the total hours used for the project but not necessarily the exact day the hours were tracked. If you happen to be a web developer the API is currently in beta and could potentially be utilized to import data. Not great options but hopefully it helps navigate the options a bit.

Michael,

Thanks for the response. Having tackled a lot of migration projects in the past, I certainly understand the complexity in building an importer.

I appreciate the suggestions. We'll probably end up going with a bulk time addition so we are at least up to speed per project.

Aaron

• Michael
    • Oct 7th 2011 edited @ 10/07/2011 10:34 am

In addition to the API data can be imported by navigating to Options >> Settings & Defaults >> Import Data. More information on the data import process is available here.

Comments are closed.
For more Intervals help documentation, please visit help.myintervals.com