Not signed in (Sign In)
The Intervals Forum is read-only
Please head to help.myintervals.com for help articles and guides. If you have any questions, please contact our support team.

Feature Requests [Closed]

Overall site slow

Bottom of Page

1 to 9 of 9

• joe
    • Jan 11th 2009

Hi guys,

I love the system, but omg the site is so slow.

I find it's easier to open multiple tabs if I know I'm going to different areas of my intervals site so I only have to wait for the first one to load.

I didn't mind so much when I wasn't paying for the service, but now that I'm paying for it, I would've expected a bit quicker response times.

I'd love for this to be sorted out.

Oh good idea Joe, I hadn't thought of multiple tabs. It is very slow and jumping in and out of projects/tasks is tedious.

Yes, I am also using multiple tabs.. actually multiple browsers/machines to deal with this.

It seems to me that the application slowed down after the Milestones launch.

I use the same technique to combat speed issues - reloading a full page is a lot slower than just a section inside the page so multiple tabs is the only way it can work for me.

Intervals techs - do you have the same speed issues in the US (I assume that is where the db and site is hosted)? I am in Australia, and we have a fast internet conn in our office but it seems to find the site quickly but then loading all the sections slows it a fair amount.

Any chance we can get our section hosted in Aus to help with the speed issues?

Where is everyone else having speed issues (Aus, US or other countries?)

We are also experiencing very slow response times. It took me almost 30 minutes to create a project with 3 tasks because of how long it took to reload the page.

Where you are physically located, what web browser is used, firewalls, plugins, and problems in the network between your location and our data center can all impact performance quite a bit. Some of the issues described above sound like there could be a problem getting to the data center. Intervals is currently hosted in the United States in Texas.

If you ever have any severe slowness sending a trace route to our support team will tell us a great deal about the path from your location to the data center. If you are able to run a trace route and then hit the "Find a bug?" link in the footer of your account and send us the results that will tell us a lot.

If you need instructions on how to perform a traceroute please have a look here.

We constantly monitor the speed and performance of Intervals and have multiple geographical probes that keep us up to date with traffic to our servers. We take performance very seriously and want to keep the experience a positive one. Also, we have some some significant infrastructure improvements planned for later this month that we will be announcing in a few weeks.

I have been test driving several different project management software solutions over the last few weeks. Just to name a few, Backpack, Huddle, GoPlan, Comindwork, Central Desktop, 5pm, Project360, Projecturf, etc, etc. Honestly, Intervals is the slowest of all of those. I have been very impressed with Intervals so far but if there is any single reason why I won't end up using it, it's the speed.
    Haven't had any speed issues so far.
    • Michael
    • Jun 17th 2009 edited @ 04/13/2015 10:53 am

There were a series of infrastructure improvements that were performed over the last few months to increase the performance of Intervals and we have a few additional improvements coming up in the next few months. We will post a maintenance alert within each Intervals account and here in the forum like these posts when the timing solidifies.

April 11th, 2009 - Infrastructure Improvements
    May 9th, 2009 - Infrastructure Improvements
    June 13th, 2009 - Infrastructure Improvements
    May 30th, 2009 - Infrastructure Improvements

Speed and performance are a top priority and we will continue to work at making Internals as responsive as possible. If you are ever experiencing any troubles please be sure to email support@myintervals.com and our support team will investigate the matter.

Comments are closed.
For more Intervals help documentation, please visit help.myintervals.com