Not signed in (Sign In)
The Intervals Forum is read-only
Please head to help.myintervals.com for help articles and guides. If you have any questions, please contact our support team.

API

Timer starttime

Bottom of Page

1 to 4 of 4

Hi, I really need some help. I'm trying to understand what the starttime format should be.

The documentation says : Timers rely on two fields: time (number of seconds) and starttime (timestamp).

But when I send a timestamp made from utc time, I get : This field expects a date. The date must be valid and in ISO 8601 format. Please see the documentation for more information.

Well okay then, I send it in the format : %Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ == '2012-06-06T16:54:10Z'

But then when I go the Web interface, it says the timer has started 4hours ago. I feel bad doing a delta -4 hours on the current time without really knowing what is happening.

Do you have any idea? ISO 8601 could mean many things. Is there a way we could add an exemple to the API docs?

Thanks!

Just in case someone else find this post and is as puzzled as I was, the epected format is :
    %Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S

No "Z" at the end. The API expects you to send UTC time but the API doesn't want to know that sent UTC time.
    You can see the PHP example : https://www.myintervals.com/forum/discussion/654/api-php-code-sample-timer-manipulation/

PierrePaul,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It appears you have discovered a bug. The time format you passed in is indeed valid. We have fixed this bug and should get it deployed in the next few days.

In the mean time, you can work around this by removing the 'Z' from your time format. The API already expects the time in UTC, so the 'Z' doesn't have to be explicitly stated.

Again, thanks for letting us know about this. We'll post here again when the fix is pushed live.

Cameron

Thanks to you. I'm having fun creating a python client for your web application :)

Comments are closed.
For more Intervals help documentation, please visit help.myintervals.com