Not signed in (Sign In)
The Intervals Forum is read-only
Please head to help.myintervals.com for help articles and guides. If you have any questions, please contact our support team.

New to Intervals? Have questions or need help?

how to use a template approach

Bottom of Page

1 to 2 of 2

• kim
    • Jul 24th 2011

we are new to intervals and are trying to upload a number of project. I understand from reading the forum that there is not a "template" capability today but we could copy project and then basically change the name. the copied project would of course have a schedule input but if we change the start date the project should readjust--basically the X + approach. but we would also like to do a global replace on names associated with tasks. is there a way to do that? and do you have any other tips and tricks for fast uploads?
    Copying a project is definitely the best approach to handle project templates. Also, just an FYI that inactive projects can be copied. Setting the project template to inactive will remove the project from drop down menus (tasks, time, etc.) and it won't count against your active project count as well. Unfortunately there is not a way to globally update task titles at this time. Probably the closest functionality is right clicking on the task from the task listing and updating the title but it would have to happen on a per task basis. The only other option I can think of is importing the project. I know some of our customers import projects and tasks whenever a new project is needed. That might not work for your workflow but I thought I would mention it just in case.

Comments are closed.
For more Intervals help documentation, please visit help.myintervals.com