Not signed in (Sign In)
The Intervals Forum is read-only
Please head to help.myintervals.com for help articles and guides. If you have any questions, please contact our support team.

API

Creating a paused timer

Bottom of Page

1 to 2 of 2

I've got an offline timer, and I'm trying to write a script that will take the times and convert them into intervals timers, but I can't get them to pause.

From the API docs, it looks like I need to create the timer and then send a second request to pause it, and 'nullify' the starttime field at the same time, but doesn't document how you 'nullify' a field. I've tried omiting the field, setting it to 'null', setting it to 0, but nothing seems to pause the time.

My pause-a-running-timer XML is
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <timer>
    <personid>12345</personid>
    <starttime></starttime>
    <time>2700</time>
    </timer>

With various values for starttime.

Is there a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

• cameron
    • Sep 10th 2010 edited @ 09/10/2010 11:49 am

Hey thelem,

First of all, thanks for asking this question. This is a tricky issue and we didn't do a very good job of explaining it. The reason your timers weren't pausing was because getting a true null value in XML is isn't so straightforward.

<starttime>0</starttime> evaluates to the integer zero.

<starttime></starttime> evaluates to a blank string.

To get the system to recognize the starttime field and have it evaluate to null is as follows:

<starttime />

Sorry for the confusion.

In other exciting news, we've created code samples and a PHP class that shows how to create, pause, restart, and delete timers. Hopefully it will be a big help to you. It can be found here:

https://www.myintervals.com/forum/discussion/654/api-php-code-sample-timer-manipulation/

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cameron

Comments are closed.
For more Intervals help documentation, please visit help.myintervals.com