Not signed in (Sign In)
The Intervals Forum is read-only
Please head to help.myintervals.com for help articles and guides. If you have any questions, please contact our support team.

Feature Requests

Widgets Anyone?

Bottom of Page

1 to 6 of 6

• jnhearne
    • Nov 12th 2009 edited @ 11/24/2009 3:20 pm

Here is a tip that could possibly speak to the developers fear of making Intervals too complicated.

I have recently increased my presence on Google. I now use so many services from G that I actually started Using iGoogle. It's kinda hokey and I think each individual service is better in it's native window, but now that I see condensed versions of each of my services I can keep an eye on all of them with out shuffling through the browser windows. Widgets have made it easier to follow everything.

Maybe as "periscope" becomes another huge addition to Intervals, clients can simplify their project management based on what tabs they want to include or make visible. Just so to not get overwhelmed when first starting using Intervals.

I started using intervals when it was just a baby (or at least before it's pubescent years) and I found it very easy to get around. Because I've been on it for so long, I can adapt to the new changes as they get assimilated. For a newbie it can be frustrating getting used to all the bells and whistles since the early years. So perhaps when usage starts, it starts with its bare essentials (go back 2 years) and then start adding, invoices, Milestones, and periscope.

Just food for thought as Intervals grows into it's own. I for one have been a huge fan of each upgrade. Keep up the good work.

• jreeve
    • Nov 12th 2009 edited @ 10/26/2010 3:51 pm

We do have a widget in experimental development. If it makes it onto the official road-map it would be launched for OSX and Windows environments.
    I guess I was more speaking to the iGoogle kind of widget as opposed to the Operating system Widget. In an iGoogle reality you can have two services showing or Twenty services showing.
    • jreeve
    • Nov 13th 2009 edited @ 10/26/2010 3:55 pm

Thanks for clarifying. The API can be utilized to create a custom iGoogle gadget.

Any news on an iGoogle gadget, this would be pretty handy in our organisations as we have Google Apps for Domains.

For those who are interested in running a time tracking widget on their Macs, take a look at Eon. We wrote it up in our blog at https://www.myintervals.com/blog/2011/03/02/time-tracking-for-the-mac-with-eon/. Eon is an app you can install on your Mac to track time. The data will be synced to Intervals via our API.

Comments are closed.
For more Intervals help documentation, please visit help.myintervals.com