Not signed in (Sign In)
The Intervals Forum is read-only
Please head to help.myintervals.com for help articles and guides. If you have any questions, please contact our support team.

New to Intervals? Have questions or need help?

Time granularity (block size / increment)?

Bottom of Page

1 to 3 of 3

Hi all,

Is there a way to set the granularity for time entries?

I see a lot of time entries like "4.621". This is a little hard to read when you're scanning a bunch of entries.

Short of asking my users to enter things in blocks of 12 mins or 15 mins or something -- is there a way to have Intervals round entries when entering, round them when displaying, or ask users to round them?

If not, this would be a great feature. Lots of companies bill on specific block sizes. It would be great to have it either as an account-level setting. (Fancier would be a client-level setting, or a project-level setting, but I don't need that and I doubt most users do.)

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks, Ben.

There isn't a global setting to enforce time rounding at this time but the closest functionality that exists is clicking on "round up" whenever a timer is applied. This will round time to the nearest .125 increment. Our team is instructed to enter all time in .125 increments since it makes reports and skimming information friendlier but some people prefer the raw time data.

OK -- thanks, Michael.

I think this would be a very useful feature for your list.

Comments are closed.
For more Intervals help documentation, please visit help.myintervals.com