Not signed in (Sign In)
The Intervals Forum is read-only
Please head to help.myintervals.com for help articles and guides. If you have any questions, please contact our support team.

Feature Requests

Detect Manually entered time Vs. Timer time

Bottom of Page

1 to 4 of 4

• jnhearne
    • Aug 17th 2009 edited @ 08/20/2009 11:03 am

Currently the only way to detect if a worker is Manually entering his time at the end of the day is to see that they enter Whole numbers. If the worker is smart enough he will begin to start entering in numbers+decimals. I would like the ability to see if a worker puts his time in manually or with the clock.

Manually entered time is always wrong. One may feel like they worked 5 hours on something when in actuality they worked 2 hours. Even if one does look at the clock, there is usually a discrepancy of 15 to 30 minutes being unaccounted for or over-billed by.

Perhaps Placing an asterisk by the Manually entered time would help admins monitor who is being naughty and who is being nice.

Some indication like this would help me weed out "the lazy" worker's during reviews and allow me to plug-up money holes in the ship so I don't waste that extra 1% that I am losing on workers that dont follow the guidelines.

Thank you for the request. Currently when time data is stored it looks the same in the database whether it came from a timer or if it was manually entered but there is one thing that may help. On the timesheet if you export to CSV there is a “date modified” column with each time entry. It may or may not help your investigation but I thought I would mention it just in case it helps. If the time entries are all grouped together it could mean they were just added or just edited.

Also, since Intervals tracks overall productivity the timers do not currently log the start and stop times on timers. We do have plans to make the timers more advanced and store their start, pause, and apply times but that is a ways down the road. When the functionality is developed Intervals will be opened up to a lot of new views and ways to report on activity. It is good to hear that it will add value when developed.

This is my request - it is very important for the times to have the actual times that they start, pause and stop tracked - it means that as a timer is started a bar could be added to the calendar and when it is stopped a color coded bar is automatically entered on the calendar - this could be setup differently depending on whether you wish to track by project, person doing the work, actual task etc - this should not be that difficult to add to the system - I'm sure there must be an easy way for the system clock to send the actual time to the timer when it is toggled.

And a reverse method would also help - you enter a color bar on the calendar for when a task is scheduled and how long you are going to work on it and then modify it to match reality when it is done.
    Thanks - these are the main limitations that I find with the system!

This is a comment from way back - I'm asking again -

I know you're working on a new calendar module so this may be redundant - what I would like is regular calendar views - year view, month view, day view - can zoom out to see rough plans, in to see detail - you go into month or week or day view and right click and your task screen pops up to enter the task related info and estimated time - conversely if you start a timer it doesn't just start a stopwatch, but actually records the real start time (9:13 am) and starts a bar on the calendar day at that time - when you end the timer and enter the task/project info it's automatically linked in to the bar on the calendar.
    All of your great back-end stuff is still there and reportable - it's just the interface would be a bit more intuitive in terms of WHEN the task is being done in addition to the HOW LONG of it.
    Really looking forward to becoming more familiar with your system - it's really helping me a lot to stay focused!
    Thanks. Craig.

Comments are closed.
For more Intervals help documentation, please visit help.myintervals.com