Not signed in (Sign In)
The Intervals Forum is read-only
Please head to help.myintervals.com for help articles and guides. If you have any questions, please contact our support team.

Feature Requests

Date entry

Bottom of Page

1 to 3 of 3

A small enhancement but would save me lots of time...

Could you allow intervals to recognize partial dates entered into date fields, i.e., 4/16 for 4/16/09 (where by default Intervals would fill in the current year)?

This should be doable and I agree it would add value. We will take a look to see if there are any locale or regional issues to navigate.
    Our development team tinkered a bit with this internally but then decided it was going to be a problematic feature. With all the different ways that dates are displayed and input with different locales we need to know with 100% certainty which date format to expect. The more we diverge from the single date format for each locale the more prone to errors the date parsing system gets. Some sites forbid manual user date input and force the person to select the date using a calendar. We don't want to go that far, but after investigating this feature we definitely understand why it is done if you have international customers. The looser the restriction the more logic is needed to interpret the input and this might lead to errors where people enter time in the incorrect date format and then can't find what they are looking for.

Comments are closed.
For more Intervals help documentation, please visit help.myintervals.com