Not signed in (Sign In)
The Intervals Forum is read-only
Please head to help.myintervals.com for help articles and guides. If you have any questions, please contact our support team.

New to Intervals? Have questions or need help?

Newbie: How do I create an estimate (bid) with Intervals?

Bottom of Page

1 to 5 of 5

I want to use our task list and time estimates to output a bid that I can send a customer and link to the project. I just haven't figured out the right way to do this. Can you help?

Thanks!

• Justin
    • Feb 20th 2009 edited @ 02/20/2009 9:48 am

OK, reading through the forums I've learned that tasks are not related to estimated costs -- they only relate to dollar amounts when work of a particular type is applied. Fair enough. But I'd really like to think there's a method for outputting a bid based on the data in Intervals; I just haven't found it.

1. Can intervals turn coarse work/cost estimate data (such as the estimated work tab) into a document suitable for bidding on a job? A link to documentation explaining how to do this will suit me fine.
    2. If there's no way to produce this kind of document in intervals, does anyone suggest a workflow/tool combination that works well, with or without intervals?

Thanks.

• jnhearne
    • Feb 20th 2009 edited @ 02/20/2009 3:32 pm

I have been tooling around with this myself.

I create a project call it - "Bid000235"

Do all my calculations in worktypes

Transfer to our excel bid sheet.

Send the bid sheet to client

Upload bid sheet to documents and then deactivate.

If the job gets picked up I reactivate and rename the job according to it's job number.

But I have been curious if there is away to email pdf's of various sections of the project profile. All i want clients to see is the estimated work and details ... not the team members and modules.

Thanks jnhearne. That sounds like it would work.

I have to admit some surprise that this isn't built into the tool, if that is indeed the case. All the data is right there; creating a bid from it would seem to be a minor variation on invoicing.

With the pending API release, maybe someone will address this gap. Meanwhile, I guess my hunt for tools continues...

Justin

• Michael
    • Feb 25th 2009 edited @ 02/25/2009 2:20 pm

Comments are closed.
For more Intervals help documentation, please visit help.myintervals.com