Not signed in (Sign In)
  • What is Intervals?

Intervals is online time, task and project management software built by and for web designers, developers and creatives. Learn more…

The Intervals Forum is Closed.
This forum has been replaced with a help section located at help.myintervals.com.
We recommend checking the help section, as the forums are no longer being updated. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our support team.

Ways to use Intervals

Monitoring x hours/month support contracts

Bottom of Page

1 to 4 of 4

We have several support contracts ("projects") that allow for a certain number of hours support work per month. Sometime these hours are fixed, but sometimes we need to increase or reduce available hours ad hoc.

I need a way to monitor the number of hours spent in a given month, against the available hours. or, better yet, a way to alert staff when they are nearing or have exceeded the available hours for the month.

Cheers
    James

Second the request.
    There are a few options on this front. We have a similar relationship with one of our clients and I have a saved report (project activity report by task) that I check weekly to see how things are coming in. This is a manual effort, but you can modify the budget and budget alert on the project profile page monthly. Depending on how your projects progress it could be a bit laborious, but if you just need to set an email alert to keep the project in check monthly you could do something like alert when you reach 75% of the monthly budget, then reset it each month. We use the project budget alert in 1/3 increments pretty often for our projects...alert me when the project is 1/3 of the way in, then reset the alert to 2/3, etc.
    Thanks for the advice Michael. We might give that a try.

Comments are closed.
For more Intervals help documentation, please visit help.myintervals.com