Not signed in (Sign In)
The Intervals Forum is read-only
Please head to help.myintervals.com for help articles and guides. If you have any questions, please contact our support team.

New to Intervals? Have questions or need help? [Closed]

HOW TO GET DESCRIPTION TO SHOW IN INVOICES

Bottom of Page

1 to 5 of 5

This is perplexing to me. How come we enter description, but it does not show up in the invoice. Most people want to know what their money is being spent on and they would want to know exactly what work was done. Is there a way to get the description of work done in the invoice sent to clients?

This is due to the flexible nature of Intervals. Some are very transparent with their clients and want to include all the details, while others are exactly the opposite. Intervals tries to balance both approaches. Here is another forum discussion on invoicing that may be helpful.

I know it's difficult to be all things to all customers... but not allowing us to have task time descriptions appear as a line item description in the invoice is seems kind of severe. Printing out extra reports or copy/pasting details is just more extra work and interface clicks in Intervals. IMO Intervals is already overly click heavy.

To me there should be a Ajax magic link that asks to bring in all time detail as separate line items.

Thanks for your help.

Jack
    TDG Communications

This really is a big miss. Clients need to see the itemized detail of services providing that the existing reports and general tasks and work types do not provide. You are resigned to printing out the time sheet and there is not way to filter that to remove time devoted to other projects/clients. This is an opportunity to take one of the few good things of Creative Manager Pro and incorporate it into Intervals.
    • Michael
    • Mar 27th 2009 edited @ 03/27/2009 12:15 pm

Many of the reports can be used instead of the timesheet. This forum discussion is probably more current on the topic. I will close out this discussion as a duplicate.

Comments are closed.
For more Intervals help documentation, please visit help.myintervals.com