Not signed in (Sign In)
The Intervals Forum is read-only
Please head to help.myintervals.com for help articles and guides. If you have any questions, please contact our support team.

API

How to i find budget to actuals (hours and $$) via the API?

Bottom of Page

1 to 3 of 3

In looking at the API nodes available, i don't see anything in the Project node that will allow me to see accrued $$ and hours to the estimated values, like what you can see on the project profile page.

I'd like to have the ability to pull this so I can create a list that shows me up-to-date information for say 10 projects with the soonest due date so I can quickly see how we're doing without having to open each project specifically.

What am I missing?

You're not missing anything. Budget actuals are a result of calculations run on time entries submitted for a given project: in this case the sum of hours submitted for the project, and the product of hours and their hourly rate for the worktype specified for each time entry. Right now, you can compute these values using time and worktype data.

As a general rule, we try to provide data through the API in its most "raw" format as possible, so that you can use it to make your own calculations. Because of this, not all data fields from a "view" page in the web interface will match the output from an individual member resource through the API.

In the past we have made exceptions to this, so I'll add your suggestion to our list of features under consideration for the API.

Cameron

Hi Cameron, any updates on this question? We're trying to calculate the sum of hours per project using the project API method but can't find anything other than making a request for all of the time entries.

Is there a way to aggregate the sum of hours (billable and unbillable)?

Andy

Comments are closed.
For more Intervals help documentation, please visit help.myintervals.com